Monday 27 October 2014

Woman Murders Husband In His Sleep

Another wife in Ebonyi State, Blessing Nwogbagami, has murdered her husband, Onwe, over domestic violence. A man, Onwe Nwogbagami, who was in the habit of beating up and threatening his wife with a machete, has had life snuffed out of him by the 25-year-old wife, Blessing who was took the laws into her hands and murdered » him in his sleep. The sad incidence happened in Ebonyi State, South-East Nigeria, by a woman who could no longer take the threats to her life. The accused wife was arrested by the Ebonyi State Police Command after killing her husband on October 13, 2014, with his machete at Ojegbe Amike Ugbodo, Abakaliki, the state capital. According to police reports, on the fateful day, Nwogbagami had, in his usual manner, chased his wife with his machete after they had a misunderstanding, threatening to kill her. Blessing reportedly ran out of the compound and sought refuge in a neighbour's house while the deceased turned back and went to sleep in an uncompleted building, apparently to lie in wait for the return of his wife. But fate played a fast one on him as his wife who noticed where he was hiding, sneaked back, took the same machete and hacked her husband to death » as he lay sleeping. The police said she then locked her husband’s corpse in the house for two days and fled to the village of her husband where she told his kinsmen what she had done. While being paraded by the State Police Command, Blessing gave an account of the tragic incident: My husband was fond of chasing me with cutlass whenever we have misunderstanding. Whenever he brings out his cutlass, I will run out of the house for him. On that particular day, October 13, 2014, I had a misunderstanding with him and immediately he picked up his cutlass and chased me out of the house. Later he went to an uncompleted building to sleep. Then I said to myself before my husband will kill me, let me kill him first. While he was asleep, I went to where he kept his cutlass and killed him. Then I ran to my husband’s village at Ntezi Nkaliki and told the kinsmen that I killed my husband. On hearing the report, the villagers took her to the police station with her baby. The Ebonyi State police Commissioner, Maigari Dikko, said Blessing would be charged to court for murder » . She also disclosed that Blessing’s baby would be handed over to Social Welfare Department to be placed in foster care.

No comments:

Featured post

AFRICA: THE TRIBE CALLED “YORUBA” IN NIGERIA

  RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YORÚBÀ THAT PUTS NIGERIA ON THE MAP💫    1.The richest estate in Nigeria is found in yorubaland 🤞. RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ...