Thursday 30 October 2014

ABU Drop-Out Nabbed Over N1.5m Scam, Forgery, Impersonation

Yusuf was arrested for impersonation, fraud and forgery, but the university drop- out says he only committed the crimes to fund his education. A medical student who dropped out of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria in his 400- levels, Salisu Yusuf, is facing justice after he perpetrated a loan scam with forged documents. Student Pulse gathered that Yusuf allegedly applied for a loan from the Mainstream Bank, Abuja, after claiming to be a doctor, backing up his claims with a fake employment from the National Hospital, Abuja. The Sun » reports that Yusuf also presented a guarantor who claimed to be a medical doctor but was actually a civil servant. Convinced by Yusuf's seemingly genuine documents, the bank proceeded to grant him the loan request. Unfortunately for him, the bank decided to verify his claims of employment with the National Hospital and his supposed N300,000 monthly salary. It turned out that it was a false claim. The bank then reported the case to the police who had him arrested. Yusuf however claims to have been moved into the crime in order to make some money "to go back to school" after financial constraints, so acute that he "could not afford the cheapest medical book." “And when I could no longer endure the suffering, I had to drop out in my fourth year and since then life has never been easy," Yusuf was quoted as saying. “I know people will not understand what I passed through but those who went to medical school will understand me better because it is not easy to study medicine anywhere in the world if you don’t have anybody supporting you.” He said his he was a brilliant student until his financial challenges forced him out of the university system. “I did not drop out of school because I could not pass my examination, no, I am a very brilliant student and I have never failed from the first day I enrolled in school. "I have a very good result and my transcript from the university is a proof that I am a good student, it was frustration that forced me to drop out of school.” Yusuf asked for leniency and financial support, stating that he has plans to pay back the loan. "I told the bank that I have a land at Gwagwalada, which I used as collateral to get the loan. Now that this has happened, I plan to sell the land and pay back the loan even though I have already paid about N700,000. “I am appealing to Nigerians to help me go back to school and complete my education that is if I ever come out of this. But I don’t know how my parents will feel if they hear this. My father is very old and my mother will just die, I pray God to please help me.” Student Pulse could not confirm if Yusuf has been charged to court.

No comments:

Featured post

AFRICA: THE TRIBE CALLED “YORUBA” IN NIGERIA

  RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YORÚBÀ THAT PUTS NIGERIA ON THE MAP💫    1.The richest estate in Nigeria is found in yorubaland 🤞. RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ...