Wednesday 3 December 2014

Music producer arrested for drug trafficking

Though he claims not to know what was in containers given to him from Brazil, a music producer in the dock for drug trafficking: An Asaba, Delta State based music producer, Michael Okafor, is currently telling the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, all he knows about the true ownership of 4.95kg of cocaine he was caught with on his way back from Sao Paulo, Brazil. Though Okafor has maintained that he had no knowledge that cans of silicon sealants found on him contained drugs, the NDLEA airport Commander, Mr. Hamza Umar, maintains that his agency will leave no stone unturned to get to the root of the matter. On how he came about the drugs, Okafor said: "I am a music producer. I travelled to Brazil to promote my music label and to partner other producers. I had a successful deal but on my way back, I accepted a bag from a friend I met in Sao Paulo to take to Nigeria. When I got here, NDLEA demanded to search and 29 out of the 34 sealants were found to contain cocaine. This is a major setback for my career and I feel very bad."

No comments:

Featured post

AFRICA: THE TRIBE CALLED “YORUBA” IN NIGERIA

  RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YORÚBÀ THAT PUTS NIGERIA ON THE MAP💫    1.The richest estate in Nigeria is found in yorubaland 🤞. RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ...