Saturday 6 June 2015

Buhari not behind impeachment plot against me –Fayose

Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, on Friday said security reports at his disposal indicated that President Muhammadu Buhari had no hands in the impeachment plot by the former 19 All Progressives Congress lawmakers against him. The governor, who spoke after the inauguration of the 5th Ekiti State House of Assembly, said the reports also showed that Buhari had forgiven those who might have offended him before the March 28 presidential campaign with the promise to work for all Nigerians. The new Assembly, however, elected former Fayose’s Chief of Staff, Mr. Kola Oluwawole, representing Moba Constituency I, as the Speaker. Mr. Olusegun Adewumi from Ekiti West I was elected Deputy Speaker, while Sunday Akinniyi (Ikere II) was elected Chief Whip. Olatunji Akinyele (Oye II) became the House Leader. Fayose, who had earlier held a public procession around Ado-Ekiti to express his gratitude to the people for their supports during the trying time, said, “Available security reports showed that Buhari had no hands in the impeachment plot against me. “The President had said that he had no enemy to fight. He said he had put the past behind him and why were the APC lawmakers still bent on impeaching me?” Fayose promised to pay all the entitlements due to all the 26 former lawmakers in the spirit of oneness and unity, saying “I won’t behave like them. I am going to give to all what is due to them, not only the G7 alone,” he clarified. The governor, who promised to work with the new Assembly to bring the state out of the woods, warned the new Speaker against being over- ambitious like the other former occupants of the seat. He said, “Whoever thinks he could impeach his governor and the deputy for him to become the acting governor always ends being destroyed. You have to learn from history. Those who impeached me the other time had died politically today. “I am a man destined for greatness and with the power of God, nobody can bring me down. I have defeated my enemies during elections and now I defeated impeachment. “I believe all of you, I mean lawmakers know that whoever attacks the new Speaker is attacking Fayose. I think you know that.” Addressing the people during the victory procession, Fayose said they had proved that they gave him the mandate to serve them. The governor said, “You defended me and proved that Ekiti will continue to speak with one voice. “The Peoples Democratic Party is an opposition party and we have accepted that, but we will resist any attempt to muzzle opposition here in Ekiti. “You may not like my style as elite, but the people here say they like it. I am a local politician and I will continue to work for the people. I won’t do whatever Ekiti people won’t like as the governor. I am your boy-boy here. I am not a governor who uses power to oppress his people. “The last seven months have been more of distraction for me because of the impeachment threat. With this inauguration, we have to settle down for governance and hit the ground running so that we won’t disappoint the people.” The new Speaker assured that the new Assembly won’t overreach its bounds and would promote mutual respect with the executive.

No comments:

Featured post

AFRICA: THE TRIBE CALLED “YORUBA” IN NIGERIA

  RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YORÚBÀ THAT PUTS NIGERIA ON THE MAP💫    1.The richest estate in Nigeria is found in yorubaland 🤞. RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ...